Light Amplicifation by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) produces an intense beam of light of particular wavelength with insignificant dispersion over a short distance. This property is used in dermatology to treat a variety of skin disorders.
The laser stimulates high quality new tissue growth, its cellular effects discourage scar tissue build up and with it can smooth and relax existing scarring, lessening redness for better cosmetic effect.
It is effective to differing degrees across a number of skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and eczema, both in terms of reducing bouts and improving previous scarring. There appears to be both anti-bacterial and anti-viral effects, since both acne and the herpes simplex virus are effectively treated with laser therapy.
At 152 Harley Street, our wide selection of lasers enables the following clinical and cosmetic procedures to be carried out:
- Pigmented Lesions – brown marks, facial and backs of hands
- Hair reduction
- Vascular – facial blood vessels and birthmarks
- IPL/Limelight/Acutip – photo-rejuvenation
- Titan – deep infra red skin tightening
- Sciton Erbium Yag – microlaser peels
- UltraPulse Co2 Laser by Lumenis – acne scarring, scars & burns, fine lines, deep wrinkles, dramatic rejuvenation & skin tightening