Foot orthotics are specially designed foot or shoe supports that help to alleviate pain or discomfort, improve balance or muscle strength, or prevent injury.
The feet often suffer from increases in pressure on foot structures and the surrounding soft tissues, creating localised pain in the foot, ankle and also problems in the lower limbs, knees, hips and back. These supports may be used with shoes or socks. Or they may be worn inside of the shoe. Correction of poor foot biomechanics can improve and prevent many types of symptoms such as:
- Forefoot Pain (Metatarsalgia)
- Arch Strain (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Policeman’s Heel (Heel Spur)
- Severs Disease (Paediatric Heel Pain)
- Ankle Pain (Tibialis Dysfunction, Lateral Impingement Syndrome)
- Shin Pain (Compartmental Syndrome, Shin Splints)