Professor Donos undertakes all types of non-surgical and surgical procedures in: periodontics and implants, periodontal and bone tissue regeneration, implant related surgical procedures and treatment of Peri-Implantitis. He also regularly lectures on a national and international level.
In 2001, he joined the Eastman Dental Institute. He was appointed to the Chair and Head of the Periodontology in January 2005. He is also the Director of Research at the UCL Eastman Dental Institute and the Chair of the Department of Clinical Research. At the same time, he is the Programme Director for the MClinDent training programme in Periodontology.
Professor Donos’ special interests are;
- Treatment (non-surgical and surgical) of periodontitis (gum disease)
- Treatment of peri-implantitis (infections around implants)
- Root coverage (gum recession) procedures with and without gingival (gum) grafts
- Periodontal plastic surgery (for aesthetic purposes)
- Crown lengthening procedures
- Periodontal (gum) regenerative procedures
- Bone regeneration procedures (with bone grafts and membrane barriers according to the principle of Guided Bone Regeneration)
- Dental implants
- Second opinion for periodontal (gum) and dental implant related problems
- Long term maintenance of periodontal (patients with gum disease) patients and patients with dental implants
- Collaboration with 152 Hygienists for long term hygiene follow- up for prevention purposes
- Advanced reconstruction of patients with missing teeth in collaboration with Prosthodontists
- Screening of diabetic patients for periodontal (gum) disease